“I believe that functional medicine is one of the most important ideas of our time – an idea that can help relieve the unnecessary suffering of millions.”
— Dr. Mark Hyman, director of the Cleveland Clinic, Center for Functional Medicine
What is functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine dives deep into the individual to identify and address the root causes of disease. Recognizing the body as an integrated system, not independent organs to be managed by medical specialties, it instead treats the whole system, not just the symptoms.
Functional medicine examines how a patients past and present experiences, lifestyle, and environment play a role in their health. Functional medicine practitioners believe that many chronic diseases are preventable and even reversible. To do that one should adhere to their individualized plan addressing points such as diet, stress, exercise, genetics, and environment factors.
What is a Functional Medicine Health Coach?
A Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach is trained with the “root cause” in mind philosophy and uses lifestyle change in order to improve your health. By drawing on your internal strengths,developing your self-awareness and knowledge, and embracing self-management strategies, you will be more equipped to overcome the obstacles you are facing and journey towards your optimum health.
As your Coach
I will come alongside you and provide support and guidance as well as resources and tools in order to help you to create and facilitate lasting lifestyle changes. Functional Medicine Health Coaching isn’t a one-size fits all program. It’s personalized and based on where you are with your health and where you want to be. We discuss your health in a holistic fashion, meaning we dive into how stress, sleep, food, exercise, community & relationships, and emotional & mental well-being is affecting your health. We also explore how to incorporate mindfulness in order to become more aware and connect your actions to your health vision.
Ways I can help:
- Set, clarify, and maintain focus on your goals.
- Hold you accountable.
- Guide you in creating your own solutions and strategies.
- Encourage, support, and believe in you even when you may not.
- Highlight what is good in you and develop awareness of your character strengths.
Your Role as Client:
- Be open and honest. I promise you a safe space and no judgement.
- Be willing to work
- Be willing to adopt a more positive outlook on self and life
- Be ready to take ownership and accountability for your life/decisions/actions, You are ultimately responsible for your results. Success is directly related to your commitment and the effort you make.